Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holy fuckin fuckshit!

So I've been getting the updates from The James, and I do own several calendars and refer to them repeatedly during every day, but still the revelation that the Vegas Rock n Roll half is only *19* days away is really sobering.  Of course, I'll live if I just go and do whatever, but I signed on for this a long time ago, and it'll be my fourth (WOWWW!) half marathon, and I do have a bit of pride that would be served if I did something other than limp across the line at 3 hours and 94 minutes. 

I need a plan.  I love a plan.  I might even love a plan more than executing a plan, but certainly having a plan means enjoying the execution more.  To wit:


Last chip time was 2:47 at the Women's half a week ago, up a bit from 2:42 at Disneyland in Sept.  Honestly- I'd hoped for more improvement by then.  If i'm completely honest, I was hoping to get this one in under 2:15...so maybe let's be just a little less than completely honest, as long as we're among friends.  If I came in under 2:30 in Vegas I'd be running an 11 1/2 minute mile, which is 5.24 mph.  Can she gain .24 mph in just under 3 weeks?? Stay tuned to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Ps- All you hesitant spectators out there: the entire last page of finishers in the Women's half last weekend finished after more than 4 hours. The last person crossed in 4:28- that's a 20-minute mile average, or less than 3mph. That's not even speed-shopping pace and we both know we've all done that for more than 4 hours! So, even if all you did was kind of wander semi-purposefully along the course between breakfast and lunch, you'd finish ahead of more than 35 people.

    And- I do NOT mean to demean the effort of last-page finishers!! On the contrary. I think it's awesome that they went out, and finished! Awesome and possible.
    Even for YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete