Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am whatever, hear me...

Funny, in the second half of Janathon I'm finding the running easier and the talking harder!  I really don't want to log and count my every run and calorie here (that's what garminconnect is for!!), nor all the dips and turns of my complex feelings on the subject of how well (or not) I'm doing (that's what my handsomely paid therapist is for!!).  So that leaves pithy tidbits and running-related gossip and sometimes, dearest, I'd rather have a cocktail.

But I did do some great speedwork today.  I really didn't think I'd be back out there doing 2 1/2 miles two days after the race; maybe I've finally figured out a few things that work, recovery-wise.  Which is, as Miley Cyrus would say, pretty cool.  And I was over my average speed target for the week, according to my screamingly complicated and yet not-at-all-scientifically-based training plan, so Miley feels good about that too.

Does this call for a (lovingly donated and handmade, gluten- dairy- and sugar-free) cupcake? And a rerun of The Soup?  Yes, methinks it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment